Presenting the Media Arts and Humanities Sustainability Educator Toolkit:
Or if you prefer, here is the Google doc (feel free to leave comments).
This toolkit is aimed at supporting educators (at Sussex and beyond) to build themes, concepts and practices related to sustainability into our teaching. It’s a grab-bag of inspirations, provocations, and helpful signposts.
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Planetary boundaries
- Climate change and climate justice
- Indigenous knowledges
- Degrowth and postgrowth
There is a focus on media, arts and humanities, and some focus on the University of Sussex. But we hope it will be useful much more widely.
This toolkit is complemented by a crowdsourced living document of links and resources. We have been inspired by the commitment to decolonising the curriculum in the past few years. Now it is time to embed sustainability – and acknowledge the deep relationship between the two.
The toolkit is published under a CC license.
Other related resources:
- UCU’s continued professional development programme includes workshops on topics like Decarbonise and Decolonise and Embedding climate education in the curriculum.
- Faculty for a Future offers a growing range of resources for academics around sustainability and social and ecological justice.
- Pathways to Sustainability is a free online course from the STEPS Centre.